Attorney Laura J. McKinnon is the Senior Partner of McKinnon Law Firm. With office locations in Fayetteville, Russellville and Ft. Smith, Arkansas. As a personal injury lawyer, she has represented thousands of victims throughout the state of Arkansas. Because Laura holds the belief legal representation is for everyone, she has helped client’s levels the playing field against the big insurance companies and the government. Having devoted her entire professional life with this belief, many client’s have received the compensation they deserve. After all in 1984 she began her legal career handling Asbestos claims against corporate giants.
Laura founded the current firm in November 1988. Her goal is to fight for the rights of the disabled and injured by others negligence. Today her litigation practice focuses on Social Security Disability, Auto Accidents, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury and Veteran’s Disability Law.
Since 1984, she continues to build strong positive reputations with her clients and entire legal community. Born and raised in Wing, Arkansas, Laura is firmly rooted in Arkansas. Later receiving her B.A. and J.D. from University of Arkansas – “Go Hogs!”
Therefore Laura J. McKinnon
CARES for her clients.
She FIGHTS for her clients
and she WINS for her clients.
Laura J. McKinnon
- University of Arkansas at Fayetteville (B.A. 1981; J.D., 1984)
- Arkansas, 1984;
- Arkansas and U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western District of Arkansas, 1984
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Law
- Auto, Truck, Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Washington County Bar Association
- Pope County Bar Association
- Arkansas Association (Chair, Workers’ Compensation Committee, 1989; Chair, Social Security Committee)
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association (President 1994-1995; Chair, PAC 1994; Membership Chair 1993; Chair, Administrative Law Section 1991; Founder, Women’s Lawyers Section 1995; Board of Governors, 1989-1995, Vice-President 1992-1993; Treasurer 1991-1992; Secretary 1990-1991)
- American Association for Justice, formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Secretary/Treasurer, Council of Presidents, 1994-1995, Secretary, Social Security Section, 2011-12, committee memberships in Products Liability Committee, Consumers’ Coalition Committee, Publications Committee, and Substance Abuse Committees)
- Civil Justice Foundation, Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (sustaining member)
- Public Justice, formerly known as Trial Lawyers for Public Justice (Board of Directors, 1994-1997; Arkansas State Coordinator, 1993-1997)
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates.
- Huckaby v. Cargill, Inc., 20 Ark. App. 164, 725 S.W. 2d 856 (1987)
- Mack v. Tyson Foods, Inc., 28 Ark. App. 229, 771 S.W. 2d 364 (1989)
- Bonner v. McKee Baking Company, 29 Ark. App. 1, 776 S.W.2d 364 (1989)
- Cheshire v. Foam Molding Co., 37 Ark. App 78, 822 S.W. 2d 412 (1992)
- Levi Strauss & Co. v. Laymance, 38 Ark. App. 55, 828 S.W. 2d 356 (1992)
- Garrett v. Sears, Roebuck & Co., 43 Ark. App. 37, 858 S.W. 2d 146 (1993)
- Baker v. Milam, D.D.S., 321 Ark 234, 900 S.W.2d 209 (1995)
- VanWagner vs. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 234 S.W.3d 893 (Ark. App., 2006)
- VanWagner vs. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 368 Ark. 606, 249 S.W.3d 123 (Ark., 2007)
- Kanning vs. Allstate Ins., 992 S.W.2d 831, 67 Ark. App. 135 (Ark. App. 1999)
- Dillard vs. Benton County Sheriff’s Office, 192 S.W.3d 287, 87 ark. App. 379 (Ark. App., 2004)
- Levi Strauss & Co. Vs. Laymance, 828 S.W. 2d 356, 38 Ark. App. 55 (Ark. App., 1992)
- Shelton vs. Contigroup Companies, Inc., 285 F.3d 640 (8th Cir., 2002)
- Warren vs. Barnhart, 190 F. Supp. 2d 1173 (E.D. Ark., 2002)